Mission and Vision
Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development (ARDD)-Legal Aid’s mission is to actively contribute as a civil society organization to a just and stable society, free of inequity and conflict. We empower marginalized groups to acquire and enjoy their universal rights and freedoms by representing their needs and mobilizing relevant duty bearers to conform to human rights, good governance and the rule of law.
ARDD-Legal Aid aims to help communities and individuals access justice and enable them to use the law as a mechanism of empowerment, by raising legal awareness among vulnerable communities in Jordan. We fight impunity by seeking remedies and redress for victims and hold offenders accountable through free litigation.
ARDD-Legal Aid supplements its legal empowerment work with projects that reflect our core values: human rights, democracy, empowerment, advocacy, equality, justice and development. ARDD-Legal Aid works with both state and public actors to promote active democratic participation. Through humanitarian relief, law and policy research, community empowerment and advocacy, we seek to strengthen peace and increase access to justice in Jordan and the MENA region.
ARDD-Legal Aid's objectives are determined by our overall vision:
Our commitment to the right to access to justice, in all its aspects, is to facilitate the realization of people’s social, economic, cultural, and political rights on a national, regional and international level.
ARDD-Legal Aid implements initiatives and projects fall under four categories:
- Development and Human Rights
- Raising legal awareness and legal empowerment
- Democracy and Governance
Our Strategy for Change:
- Conduct workshops and researches, and encourage lawyers and law firms to provide legal services to unprivileged people in the society to guarantee protection, enhance access to justice and empowerment.
- Fostering democracy and governance initiatives through advocacy, coordination and the provision of relevant trainings that enhances public skills for active citizenship, electoral reform, political participation in the public and private sphere and the rule of law with continuous engagement with the government.
- Prioritizing the needs of vulnerable groups, particularly refugees, migrants and women, who are most susceptible to discrimination, exploitation and rights abuse in times of conflict and transition. Our interventions focus on protecting these groups, strengthening their fortitude and enabling their active participation in attaining their inherent rights.
- Promoting, protecting and defending human rights through education and psychosocial support.
- Enhancing educational reform based on research, ultimately contributing to human development by raising awareness of social values like active citizenship, equality and tolerance.