As part of #YouthWeek the Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development (ARDD) is pleased to invite passionate young women and men who wanting to bring about change and renaissance in their societies, to apply to the 2nd edition of #AlNahdaYouth Social Journalism Contest, by submitting an article or multimedia piece that examines and visualizes on of the following topics:
• With refugees: shedding light on the most important issues of Syrian refugees in Jordan.
• She: showcasing women’s issues.
• With the youth: highlighting their most pressing issues from education to work.
• Our society: discussing issues facing society and societal peace.
Where it is possible to apply by submitting an original and unique article or multimedia material specially prepared for the contest. The content should be Arabic, and the submitted material must authentic, and that it has not been previously shared or published. The submitted material must also address one of the above topics in a way that reflects its importance and impact on society.
To apply, please fill out this form and attach your article or multimedia material and any references as well.
The article should contain a maximum of 1,500 words, and is written using Calibri’s 12-point font
As for a multimedia material, it can be
• A 1-5 mins video
• A 1-5 mins animated video
• Illustrated stories
Please include any reference/s that support the material or mention existing sources that support it. These references can be in the form of text, images, graphics, audio or video files.
A select panel of judges will evaluate the media material according to the selection criteria set out below:
– Clarity of ideas: The information material clearly demonstrates your understanding of a topic and its impact on society and youth.
– Creativity: preparing informative material in an innovative and convincing way with a thoughtful approach from a youth perspective.
– Potential impact on the recipient: that the material touches the recipients, inspires them, inspires enthusiasm in them, and urges them to change.
After the evaluation process, 3 winners will be selected to receive valuable prizes. They will also be given the opportunity, along with the finalists, to participate in a community journalism workshop that will be held in Amman, during September/October 2020.
The selected materials will also be published on ARDD platforms Prizes
First place: €500 Second Place: €300 Third place: €200
Deadline for applications is 7 September 2020
Who can apply?
• Young men and women passionate about working in social journalism through blogging, articles, multimedia
• Ambitious young men and women aged between 18 and 30 years, residing in Jordan regardless of nationality.
• He / she has active accounts on Facebook and Gmail in order to be able to fill out an application form on Google Forms and to facilitate communication with the trainers and other participants.
Priority is given to the following applicants:
• Syrian refugees, Jordanians, and residents of host communities in Jordan.
• Amateur journalists / non fultime
Note: #AlNahdaYouth Contest previous winners’ applications will not be considered
This contest is part of Gathering Voices Project Huna Sawtak …Sawt Al Nahda project framework implemented in cooperation with RNW Media and targets Syrian refugees, Jordanians and residents of host communities in Jordan, and in preparation of the launch of its new digital platform,
To learn more about last edition’s winners follow the link
Do you have a passion for writing?
Do you have experience in the field of multimedia?
Do you want to use your experiences to tell the reality and shed lights on the issues of our society?
Do you want to contribute to change?
Make your voice heard